Thanksgiving can kind of get swept up in all of the holiday craziness that is this time of year, but I still believe it is a day we all look forward to. It’s a day that we spend with the ones we love most, but most importantly it is a day to celebrate all we have to be thankful for.
While gratitude is something that should be practiced every single day, Thanksgiving is still a great time to reflect and really think about just how lucky we really are.
With Thanksgiving only two days away, we thought we would take the time today to share a few things that we are each Thankful for.
What We Are Thankful For This Year
This year, I have tried to put a large focus on the things I am grateful for. To take notice of the little things in day-to-day life, or of the things people do, in their own way, to show support/love/emotions and to just realize that I really do have it pretty damn good.
But to point out a few specifics…
For my husband:
- I am forever and always grateful for his ability to make me laugh.
- For his never ending support. Especially because it is shown in ways that I typically don’t take notice of.
- For the fact that he can always bring me back down to earth and make me realize that we don’t need to be doing more or that we don’t always need more.
- I am grateful that he works on making this relationship work just as much as I do.
- That he is my absolute best friend in the entire world.
For my family:
- The fact that I have a loving relationship with each person in my family is what I am most grateful for.
- That my parents would do anything for any of us.
- That I have 2 amazing, beautiful, smart sisters to look up to and to be proud of.
- And two brothers who are unique, incredibly funny and talented.
- The fact that we are all so different, yet not really at all.
For my Life:
- To be alive and to be thriving.
- For my two fur babies that I couldn’t imagine life without.
- I am grateful for Allison and that she agreed to start The Middle Edit with me.
- I am beyond thankful for all The Middle Edit has become and for what it has in store for us.
- For all the strong, inspiring, independent women I have met within the last few months.
- I am grateful that I have the opportunity to pursue this passion.
I am, just as most everyone is, grateful for so so much. It’s hard to actually sit down and think about because the list could go on forever. But to sum it up as much as possible, I am grateful for my husband, for my family, for my life and for every other little detail in between.
The older I get, the more and more I realize just how lucky we, as Americans, are! We have the opportunities to do anything. We have the opportunities to become whoever we want to be. For this, I am forever grateful! This year has been a huge year for me with lots of big changes. Most great, some challenging and all testing my version of the American Dream!
Here are just some of the things I am the most grateful for:
- The way he can calm me down when I’m at my wits end is still amazing to me.
- For the way he supports anything and everything I do! I can have any dream and he will be the first person pushing me to succeed and cheering me on.
- He is the hardest working person I know! His passion for his career has inspired me and makes me want to work harder.
- For making me always feel loved, smart, funny and beautiful.
- I am grateful of how hard he works on himself especially over the past year.
- For the opportunities we have!
For my Family:
- Grateful for ALL of their health!
- For my two beautiful, smart, sassy, and super funny nieces! They bring so much joy into our family. Literally the cutest! My sister and brother-in-law are great parents.
- I am grateful for my parents. They’ve raised me to be strong, independent and always stand up for what I believe. For that, I am forever grateful!
- My sister and brother. No matter what, I know they’ll always be there and have my back.
- For the time I’ve spent with my Grandma and Grandpa P. They are always so supportive and would do anything for any of us.
For my Life:
- So grateful for my health! The older I get, the more I realize this is such a gift.
- For my home and my fur-children!
- I am grateful for my growing self-awareness. This past year has been so empowering!
- For Shannon! Her knowledge, creativity, hard work and patience has helped us start something so special…The Middle Edit!
- I am grateful for all the knowledge I’ve picked up over the last year!
- Also, grateful for the knowledge I’ve been able to dust off and get reacquainted with. Exciting things coming!
- Grateful that I can have the opportunity to thrive, develop, improve and explore!
2018 has been a year of big changes for me! Another year older, another year wiser, another year living. 2019, I’m ready!