It’s summertime and the beach is one of my favorite places. Luckily, we have Lake Michigan less than 30 minutes away so I try to make it there several times during the summer months. This past weekend I went to the beach with my friend Alicia and her 1 1/2 year old daughter. OMG I didn’t realize how many cool things are out there for kids. Alicia had so many cool things to make her daughters day at the beach easy, fun and comfortable. When I go to the beach I’ve always just brought my beach bag and beach chair so it was nice to see what my life will look like next summer.
Thanks to my friend for the inspiration and her daughter for showing me that these items were actually used. Here are some great toddler beach must haves that will make your day at the beach a bit easier and fun for the kiddos.
Baby and Toddler Beach Must Haves
- Family Pop-Up Tent – A great sun place for a child to escape the sun, eat their lunch or take a nap. Adults can sit underneath it too.
- Round Beach Towel – I love round beach towels- they are so cute and much larger than your average beach towel so it makes it a great lounging spot.
- Pop-Up Booster Chair – Probably the coolest chair for a kid I’ve seen in a while. It is super close to the ground so tipping over and falling over shouldn’t be a problem and it comes with a removable tray. My friends daughter sat in the chair, ate her lunch and loved it! The chair would be great for any outdoor activity.
- Dino Beach Wrap OR Mermaid Beach Wrap – Pottery Barn has the cutest stuff and they are on sale for $17.00 & can be personalized. Each kid can have their own towel and not fight about whose towel is whose.
- Pop-Up Beach Pool – Genius! Babies and toddlers are too young to actually go into the large body of water without an adult. This little pool is genius! It folds up so small and it’s lightweight. You dig a small hole into the sand, put the pool down over the hole and pour water into it. It’s big enough for them to sit and play in.
- Aveeno Kids Sunscreen – we are all about the non-toxic products!
- We recently did a post, A Simple Guide to Clean Non-Toxic Sunscreens, to discuss just this. The Aveeno Kids sunscreen has a EWG (Enviromental Working Group) score of 1 which is great!
- Beach Blanket (Water Repellent) – Great for a beach day and it’s on sale right now for $19.99
- Beach Wagon – A beach wagon is a must especially if you are going to the beach by yourself with your kids. It would have been so much easier to pile everything into the wagon. Lugging everything (including the 1 1/2 year old) from the car to the beach is hard work.
- Mesh Beach Tote – Everyone needs a large beach bag that doesn’t collect sand.
- Shark Cold Lunch Bag OR Mermaid Cold Lunch Bag – Another super cute Pottery Barn find and it’s on sale for less than $20. The beach makes everyone hungry and this cold pack lunch bag makes it easy to put all the babies or toddlers food in it.
- Diaper Bag Dispenser – Don’t leave your diapers on the beach. These bags are great to put those dirty, wet diapers into and throw away in a garbage when you can.
- Backpack Beach Chair – This is for the adults! I can’t go to the beach without a beach chair.
- Sand Bucket & Toys – Only $9.99 and so many pieces come with it. This will keep them busy for a couple hours.
What are your beach must haves?