You guys, we honestly cannot believe it has been 1 year since we launched The Middle Edit!
While we wish we could be sitting in Michigan, sipping champagne, doing an IG live together (like we did for our launch last year), it didn’t quite work out this time.
However we still wanted to do a little something to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been a part of this journey as well as celebrate our accomplishments with you all.
Below we are each sharing a little bit of our journey over the past year, 5 facts you may not know about us, as well as our favorite posts from this past year.
And as a huge THANK YOU to everyone who shows up and reads what we have to share, who likes/comments on our posts each day, and who support us in any other possible way, we wanted to show our appreciation with a giveaway!
We put together a box of over $100 worth of our favorite things we have shared on The Middle Edit this past year. All you have to do to enter is sign-up for our Newsletter. If you are already signed-up, you are already entered! The giveaway will end at 5pm EST on Friday and the winner will be announced Saturday morning!
GOOD LUCK & AGAIN, THANK YOU!!
As I mentioned in our last 11 Things post, I have a hard time celebrating the small victories. I tend to focus on the future a lot, so the big picture is always in my head. However, when I think back to when I first approached Allison in 2017, this was the big picture. What we’ve created with The Middle Edit, the support we’ve experienced and the success we’ve gained is 100% worth celebrating.
If you didn’t know (another fact), I ran a fashion blog for almost 5 years and (this is very vulnerable for me to admit), we’ve experienced more success with The Middle Edit in 1 year than I ever did in those 5. While I am 100% more passionate about what we are doing here, I think having our different perspectives, our different lives, as well as sharing what other people have to say, has made all the difference.
This isn’t easy. We live across the country from each other, we each live separate lives outside of The Middle Edit and we work very differently. But it has all been worth it and I could not be more proud of what we created or more excited for what is to come! CHEERS TO 1 YEAR!!
5 Fun Facts
- I still sleep with my baby blanket. Every.Single.Night. But not my original one…the original was basically a rag after 28 years. However my mom managed to find the same fabric and made me a new one within the last few years. 🙂
- My first job out of high school was teaching kids how to swim. I hate swimming and kids weren’t really my thing back then. It lasted 7 days.
- In college, I worked for the school newspaper. I wrote several articles and was incredibly nervous every time I had to go do an interview.
- I’m really good a folding fitted sheets. I consider this to be my hidden talent!
- I loved The Beach Boys growing up and always wanted to be a “California Girl” because of it. Made it as far as Arizona, but TBH I don’t think I’d ever want to live in California now. Still love a good Beach Boy song though!
This will forever be my favorite post on The Middle Edit. It was one of our first posts and I hope that one day we create exactly what is laid out in that post & MORE!
Dr. Tasha Marie hit the nail on the head in this post on what it is like to be in your 30s! The Middle Edit is about celebrating your 30s, but let’s be real, it definitely is a different decade.
This was a real life post and one I think about often. I kept a secret from Brandon because I thought I knew how he would react. He surprised me (in a good way!) and I learned a few things as well!
I turned 32 this past year and my thirties have been nothing short of an eye-opening, self discovery experience. It’s true what people say, that when you turn 30, something just clicks. While it’s scary and overwhelming at times, it’s an amazing experience!
I can’t believe it’s already been a year since we launched The Middle Edit. Seems crazy! Shannon and I have been friends since we were in 6th grade (11 years old) but we’ve never worked together before. Living on separate sides of the country, in different time zones, has made our experience challenging but rewarding.
I’ve learned so much over the last year. Blogging is something that I’ve always had interest in but something I’ve never been involved in. Having a partner that has been in this world for 5+ years has helped guide me through the process and I’ve learned a TON!
It hasn’t been easy. My days can change with a drop of a hat because of the industries (outside of blogging) that I’m in and I’ve had to adjust that. It’s still a work in progress. I’m the type of person that can turn a sharp, unplanned corner, very quickly and not think twice about it. Everything will be alright…right?! The blogging world is much harder and more time consuming than anyone ever thinks it is. But this is also an industry that is so, so empowering! Women support women! They really do. We’ve had so much support over the last year and met some great women. I can’t wait to share my next journey and many other women’s journeys with you over the next year.
5 Fun Facts
- I would say that I’m a pretty good water skier! I’m terrible (partially because I have ZERO interest) at all sports but water sports are my speciality. I love and really enjoy them too! This summer is going to be rough not being able to do any.
- I write left handed (and do all detailed things ) but I do a lot of things with my right hand too (like batting, throwing etc.). Not sure if it’s ambidextrous but it’s definitely something.
- I absolutely despise doing laundry! I have so much of it…all the time! It’s kinda embarrassing.
- I’m definitely a bargain shopper. I HATE spending a lot of money on “things”. I would rather spend money on traveling or something that fills my soul vs a new purse or shoes. $7.00 Target clearance shoes are my favorite!
- I’ve been working on a secret project/business for the last few months and I can’t wait to share all the details.
I didn’t know how I felt about the “Tidying Up” craze until I watched the first episode on Netflix. Marie Kondo’s Tidying Up tips has helped me so much with organization ESPECIALLY with our drawer space. The folding technique alone is genius! I can see all of my clothing now without having to mess up my drawers. It feels so good to have organized spaces.
Literally the best decision Matt and I ever made. Our wedding started to get out of control before it even really started. We decided to do what was best for us. I didn’t know how it would all end up when I originally wrote this post but I’m so happy how it did.
This is how “our decision to skip the wedding” ended! Still obsessed! After 15 years of “dating” we finally decided to make it legal. I didn’t know how I would feel about actually getting married but it was the best decision EVER! Our first year of marriage has included lots of life changers!
One of my favorite contributor posts! We’ve had the opportunity to have some really amazing women share their stories. This post I love so much because the women that shared their stories about becoming mothers in their 30’s were so real and relatable. Becoming a mother at any age is rewarding and challenging but of course, age makes everything either better or worse.
Matt and I have had a very busy year. Marriage and now a baby on the way! I feel blessed (yes, I said it!) and so grateful for the last year..I could cry!