When I first found out I was pregnant, I thought I could get by with just a couple pregnancy items. I thought the whole idea of “maternity this” and “maternity that” was just another way for brands to sell things you don’t really need. I was so, so wrong! These past few months I couldn’t have survived without these must have pregnancy items. Well…I could have survived but it would have been hard and super uncomfortable.
My Must Have Pregnancy Items
- Belly Cream – This Burt Bee’s brand belly cream is the best! This was one of the first items I bought and I’ve been using it since the first week I found out I was pregnant. My bump didn’t really start to pop until the last month or so but man, it’s itched a lot. It has helped to keep the bump hydrated and not so itchy. Knock on wood…no stretch marks yet!
- Pregnancy Pillow – I finally broke down and bought this a month or so ago. Literally the BEST purchase ever! I never understood why women needed a pregnancy pillow until the bump started to grow. It is so uncomfortable not having the support on your back, belly and between your legs. I sleep like a baby now! The U-Shape is the best design, I think. It’s so comfortable Matt has said on multiple occasions that he wants one.
- Maternity Shapewear – I love my non-maternity shapewear but a couple weeks ago I had to finally toss in the towel and pick up some maternity shapewear. I don’t know what took me so long?! These are so comfortable! I wear them under all my dresses just so I feel a little more “secured”.
- Antacids – My acid reflux has been crazy bad the past week. Tums to the rescue! I went to my doctor and she said that this is one of the only things we can control while pregnant. She advised that I go pick up some Tums and Zantac. Both of these have helped a ton! Check with your doctor though.
- Panty Liners – TMI but they are so needed. No one ever talks about the change in your discharge…it’s a thing & happens to everyone. Going commando while pregnant just isn’t an option right now. I like the Seventh Generation brand because they are free of fragrances & chlorine which make them less irritating for us sensitive skin people.
- Prenatal Vitamins – These are the prenatal vitamins I have been taking since a few months before I got pregnant. I’ve always been told to take prenatal vitamins at least a few months before trying for a baby and then after while breastfeeding. The folic acid, calcium, Vitamin D and iron are so, so important especially in those early stages.
- Comfy Pajamas – Not going to lie, I wear a nightgown often! I hate anything on my stomach at nighttime. I never thought it would be so uncomfortable to have something touching my stomach but it’s so uncomfortable I can’t even handle it. A nightgown or really stretchy, loose pants & top are the only things I will wear. These Target nightgowns and pajamas are my favorite!
- Maternity Leggings – Usually leggings are my go-to errand running outfit. My normal leggings are higher waisted so again, I figured I could just wear my normal leggings for the long haul….nope! The tight band around my stomach was so uncomfortable I threw in the towel and picked up some maternity ones. They are so comfortable, not too thin and I bought them in a couple different styles since it is summertime & 90+ degrees. Under $20 too.