When it comes to summer fashion, I wouldn’t consider it my favorite season to dress for. With that being said though, one thing I do always look forward to wearing and investing in during the warmer months is some linen.
Over the past few years, linen has become my favorite fabric. I realize it’s not the most practical of fabrics. It wrinkles so incredibly easy and you have to be more attentive when washing it. However with practicality aside, it is breathable, lightweight, classic and chic all rolled into one fabric. I literally dream of finding the perfect white, linen blouse that I could live in all summer long.
Reformation has my ultimate linen wardrobe, but it’s a little out of my budget at the moment. The good news is that there are plenty of affordable pieces available at other stores. Specifically stores like H&M and Abercrombie. They both have a great selection of linen fashion. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite pieces that I’ve come across lately below.
Must Have Linen Pieces For Summer
- These cute linen shorts are the perfect piece to lounge around in all summer. They come in four different colors (black is the only one not shown) and there are matching tops to go with them that are also super cute!
- When it comes to t-shirts, linen tees are definitely my favorite. Madewell makes some really great v-neck ones, but I’m also loving these ones from H&M. Looks like the perfect amount of slouch.
- A simple, lightweight dress is a summer staple for me. Normally I opted for white, but I am falling in love with this black one. Paired with a sun hat and easy slides, it would be the perfect look for an afternoon spent outside.
- Polka dots really seem to be having a moment right now and this little linen-blend smocked tank is the perfect piece to get in on the trend.
- I fell in love with this lemon print blouse the second I saw it. To me, the print, just screams summer and with it being linen (plus an open back), you know it’ll be nice and light. I’d pair this with a pair of white denim flares or white denim shorts and sneakers.
- A popular feature of a lot of linen pieces is the button detail. These A&F linen tank tops are definitely the perfect summer staple. It comes in several different colors and can easily be layered or worn alone.
- Like I mentioned above, I literally dream of finding the perfect white linen blouse with a fit that is just a bit oversized. This one would make for a perfect bathing suit cover up when you are headed to the beach and could easily be dressed up later for an evening out.
- I actually love the idea of pairing these high waisted shorts with that oversized, white linen blouse. It’s the perfect combo that is both easy and incredibly chic.