We thought we would switch things up on The Middle Edit today and share some things (11 each, to be exact) that are currently going on in our lives, in hopes that it helps you to get to know us a bit better!
11 Things with Shannon…
- I’ve spent too much of my time this past weekend watching the Christmas in July movies on Hallmark. I swear they just suck me riiiiight in.
- If you saw our Instagram stories over the weekend, we’ve been working on our patio and it’s finally complete! I’ve been on the hunt for patio furniture and I’m struggling to find something I like.
- And on that note, shopping for the patio has me really inspired to do some decorating on the inside of our house as well….and if you know me, you know that’s rare.
- I bought these chocolate coconut rolls (cookies, basically) at the store this weekend and I cannot stop eating them. They are gluten free and dairy free, so I’m justifying it.
- My energy this weekend has been nonexistent. I feel like I’m in need of a good loooooong sleep.
- Hormones are basically all I think about these days. Ha! I’m determined to learn allllll about how to balance them and fix all my skin issues once and for all.
- Brandon and I didn’t do much this weekend (hence the Christmas movies), but I had so much fun with him. A weekend at home, doing nothing, is always needed.
- Really craving a rainy day. Or a beach day. Either will suffice.
- It’s been 2.5 weeks since I had my nails done and they are seriously so long. I don’t know how people live like this because I can barely function with them.
- Can we talk about Kendall Jenner’s lips? I mean, I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it. I’m undecided. But I am all about the polka dots she’s sporting lately.
- I just remembered I have a prepaid hot yoga class from like 3 months ago. I should use it.
11 Things with Allison…
- Currently watching ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ on Amazon Prime…I love it!
- Trying to figure out how I am going to pack a 14 day European trip into 1 carry-on. Thinking packing cubes maybe?
- I haven’t had meals prepped in a few days and it has totally sucked! Definitely need to get back on that wagon. I make much better choices when it’s planned out and prepared. Back to it this week for sure!
- Going through a country music phase where I don’t want to listen to anything else. It happens a couple times a year and I guess this is the time.
- I’ve ate 2 whole pizzas 2 days in a row this week..by myself. No cheese, lots of sauce and loaded with veggies. Ugggghhh, couldn’t stop myself! I am still bloated from it too.
- All summer I’ve been wearing hats anytime I’m by water to make sure the sun doesn’t hit my face. Since turning 30, sun spots scare the crap out of me!! SPF + Hats for me.
- H&M FINALLY opened near me this weekend! Usually we have to drive a hour there and hour back…literally. It will be so nice to pop in there when I need something on the fly. Small town life (insert eye roll)!
- Matt (my fiancé) & Brandon (Shannon’s husband) are going to a bachelor party this weekend. Sooooo jealous because it’s in one of my favorite spots in Michigan. Fun fact- They’ve been friends before they knew us and we’ve been friends before we knew them.
- My nieces, Bella & Ariana, come to visit this week before Bella goes to kindergarten. I can’t believe she is already 5!
- Made the decision today to switch all of our window coverings to white/cream curtains. I am hating how the different colors look from the outside. Or I need to find white lined curtains. Decisions, decisions!
- Spent this weekend refueling and I feel inspired! I have no shame in taking time to relax.