7 weeks left…7 weeks! I can’t believe that I’m already 33 weeks pregnant! I know that I say that during every update but it’s wild how fast the time flies by. Usually I do this update every 6 weeks but my last 6 week update will technically by 40 weeks & 3 days. I’m hoping he comes before then…hopefully!
Baby is the size of a pineapple. He is anywhere from 17+ inches long & weighs more than 4 1/2 pounds. He’s head down still and has been since our 28 week ultrasound. The kicks and movements are getting so strong it’s starting to be very uncomfortable at times. He definitely loves to rotate his shoulders back and forth and push his head right into my bladder.
33 weeks pregnant and my body has been through lots & lots of changes these past 8 months- it’s still crazy to me!
- I’ve gained 17 pounds total which has been about a 1 pound weight gain each week since my last update. Not too bad! The doctor I saw last week told me that anything over 10 pounds gained is great. I’ve realized that everyone’s body is different and every body reacts to pregnancy differently.
- Every morning, I have leaking breast milk (colostrum) on my shirt when I wake up. I’ve had this almost every day since my last update at 28 weeks. I thought this was weird and some women have reached out and said “they’ve never heard of that before” but it’s totally normal. It’s my bodies way of getting ready for the baby.
- Getting a good nights sleep is becoming more difficult between the rotating, peeing and uncomfortableness.
- It’s becoming difficult for me to turn/roll over in bed. It is definitely not the most comfortable thing ever!
- My hips hurts more often when I’m sleeping on one side for too long. I have to rotate and shove as many pillows between and around my legs as possible. The pregnancy pillow has really been a life saver and 100% worth purchasing one.
- The pelvic pressure is starting to creep up earlier in the day. Usually it was at night…not anymore! I feel pelvis pressure starting in the afternoon.
- My energy level is terrible right now. I feel great in the morning but a few hours later, I feel tired and uncomfortable.
- I’m hungry a lot more often now. I want to eat a big meal but when I do, I have intense acid reflux immediately afterwards. It’s been very uncomfortable especially this past week. I’m working on meal portions and will have to start eating more meals multiple times a day.
- Breathing is becoming more difficult and I’m out of breath sometimes when I’m just sitting down. Matt has asked me a few times while laying in bed, “why are you breathing so hard?”. Welllllll, I have a uterus & baby pushing against my lungs.
- The acid reflux is still terrible. Thank goodness for Zantac and Tums! My doctor said that Zantac is totally fine to take during pregnancy so that’s been an everyday occurrence for the past 7-9 weeks now, it’s been a lifesaver! Ask your doctor before taking any medication.
- His little head in my bladder is getting stronger and stronger. I feel like I could pee my pants sometimes.
- He is running out of room- I can feel the strength he has now and it’s becoming really uncomfortable.
- Bending at the waist is no longer a thing! Sometimes I have to have Matt put my shoes on depending on the position baby is in.
- I realized my body is extremely off balance. I almost fell backwards the other day trying to step up onto a high step.
- Being pregnant during the summertime is not super fun! The hot weather is so much more unbearable to handle when pregnant.
- The peeing often hasn’t slowed down. I’m up at least 2 times during the night, every night!
My “Protein C Deficiency” that I found out about 6 weeks ago is totally fine! After a month of freaking out, I finally saw the high risk pregnancy doctor and was assured that I was going to live! He didn’t understand why I was even referred there and said that the doctors in my office could have handled it. Good to know after going down the Google rabbit hole. It is good they know I have a protein c deficiency just in case I have to have a c-section but my numbers and other test results aren’t bad enough that I need to be worried. I can’t stress enough how important it is to know your family history! It’s also so, so important that you share that with other family members!
Besides that, everything else is pretty normal. All of my other test results came back good. I’m measuring at the correct week.
Definitely feeling more hungry lately but I can’t eat a lot at one time or I feel sick afterwards. The balance of wanting to shove my face full of food and spacing it out is a real test! If I feel nauseous, ice tea is still my lifesaver. I don’t know what it is about ice tea but it always makes me feel better.
What I Miss
Being comfortable & feeling good. My energy level I’d like back too.
Preparing for Baby
We had our baby shower in the past few weeks and we’re so fortunate to have gotten so many things! Our bedroom is all set up for baby minus a few decorating pieces. I washed everything and put everything away in it’s new home. Now, we just wait! We might have to get a couple more newborn outfits but that really depends on how big he is going to be. I’m not sure if we’ll even use that size. We’re ready whenever he is!