I’m officially 16 weeks pregnant! It has flown by but then again it has felt like I’ve been pregnant for much longer. We find out the gender in 1 month…so crazy and hard to believe! My first trimester was a little rough and my body went through a lot of changes that I had no idea about. The last 4 weeks have been much different from my first 12 weeks.
The size of a dill pickle, 4 1/2 inches long, 4 ounces. This is the week I could possibly feel the baby kick (called quickening).
I can definitely feel my body changing but I have yet to gain any weight. I’ve actually lost a pound since pre-pregnancy. This has been my biggest concern- whether I’m getting enough calories or if I’m supposed to be gaining weight yet. The doctor told me that it’s ok so I’m trying not to worry about it. Every women’s body is different. My stomach is growing because I can’t fit into any of my pre-pregnancy jeans. Although the number on the scale hasn’t changed yet. I’m just worried that I have to gain the 25-30 pounds my doctor recommends in 5 short months…yikes!
Unlike the first trimester where I was sick every single day, the last 4 weeks I’ve felt a shift. I no longer feel sick 24/7 but I have good days and bad days. Some days I’ll have so much energy and feel like I can accomplish everything and the next day I’ll crash. I take FULL advantage of the days I feel good and probably over do it, cramming everything in from 7am to 9pm. When I do that though, the next day I’m completely miserable. I’m trying to find a balance but we have a lot going on right now so I’m just grateful I have those days where I can “go” for hours. Of course I have to lay down midday but compared to weeks 1-12, I’ll take it!
Here are some others symptoms I’ve been experiencing:
- The round ligament pain has been more painful. It doesn’t happen often but OMG it hurts, it stops me in my tracks. I’ve realized I have to be more aware of how I get up so quickly.
- Weird or gross smells make me instantly nauseous especially in the morning. One morning, I woke up and felt great but then Matt farted and I was sick for 2 hours. He doesn’t do that anymore, haha!
- I’m still peeing often. I thought this would slow down…it hasn’t!
- Most days I have to lay down for 30 minutes to a hour because I’m so exhausted.
- I have more hair on my stomach- this has been fun to watch…not!
- At night time I look pregnant but in the morning it’s harder to tell.
- My skin hasn’t been too bad. For a couple weeks, I started to have break outs all along my jaw bone which I’ve never had before. I’ve also had a couple cystic acne pimples but they’ve gone away after a few days. Knock on wood, in the last couple weeks my skin has been pretty good.
- My legs still get tired if I’m walking around a lot. It is a feeling I’ve never felt before.
OMG the food cravings have been so crazy the last 4 weeks. If something gets in my head, I want it NOW! I drove a hour just to get soft pretzels from a movie theater that I like. I didn’t watch a movie, I just went to get pretzels and left. I’ve driven a hour for a specific sub sandwich. I’ve had Matt bring me home specific foods from Indianapolis when he travels there. It’s been bad. I can feel that my cravings are starting to subside and I try to not think about food because it’s becoming exhausting.
I’ve been really craving iced tea every morning. It helps with the nausea and has a little caffeine in it which has been helpful. I’ve started to reintroduce coffee but I haven’t had more than 4 ounces a day. I really don’t feel like I need anymore than that a day or I feel anxiety/jittery.
My only aversion is I don’t feel like cooking. I haven’t felt like cooking at all this whole pregnancy. I feel really nauseous when any dishes are dirty so I think I’m turned off from cooking knowing that I have to do the dishes. When Matt cooks I love it but I just can’t do it unless he’s home and does the dishes for me.
Preparing for baby:
I’ve bought a few outfits but besides that we haven’t bought or prepared anything. We need to ASAP! The next 24 weeks are going to fly by!
Happy 16 week pregnant to me!