January was super busy for us- we hit our goals plus some! The month of January seemed like it lasted forever but February is flying by. We’ll be halfway through the month this week and Valentine’s Day is on Thursday…can you believe it?!
We’re back with our monthly 11 Things post! We love doing this post- it’s just a quick and fun way to share with you all a little bit more of what is going on in our lives…
11 Things with Allison
- I went to a 1st Birthday party yesterday that’s theme was Baby Shark! The song has been stuck in my head ever since…”Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo”. Uggghhhhh, I feel brainwashed!
- Matt and I are rewatching Game of Thrones- it has consumed our nights when he’s home! We’ve picked up a lot of things we missed the first time around. We have 5 episodes left & we’ll be ready for April. We’re OBSESSED!
- I had my hair cut a few days ago. It’s the shortest my hair has been since Middle School. I really like it but I’m just trying to figure out how to style it.
- Speaking of hair, every time I see cute barrettes, headbands and scrunchies- I buy them! I’m loving all the hair accessories right now, they’re so fun!
- While I was in Chicago last week, my sister MADE me get my nails done. I haven’t had my nail done in probably 5+ years so it’s been a bit of a change. My nails are now almond shaped and they are so hard to type with and do Photoshop with! I think I’m going to go a bit shorter next time.
- Headed to Arizona at the end of the month to visit Shannon and get LOTS of work done! I’m excited for that lovely March, Arizona weather!
- Shannon talked about this app a while ago- “Think Dirty“. I finally downloaded the app a couple weeks ago and OMG I’m totally freaked out by some of the scores on products I thought were safe! Check it out- it’s very interesting!
- I’ve been sleeping with this sleep mask for about a week now. I love it!
- Matt is home for Valentine’s Day this year! I didn’t think he was but he just told me “I’ve been home every year the past few years”. I seriously can’t remember! I’ve realized that the days all run together since he has been traveling for work….oops!
- I’m currently catching up on some recent Shameless episodes and Fiona is a shit show this season! She’s leaving Shameless and I’m so sad about it but I’m interested to see how they write her departure.
- Matt & I are married exactly 2 months TODAY!
11 Things with Shannon
- Remember when we were all complaining about how long January seemed? Ha! Now I feel like February is already flying by.
- This past weekend Brandon and I didn’t go out at all, which is kind of rare for us. We stayed in, got caught up on our TV shows, put together a lego football helmet and just relaxed. It was so nice.
- Yesterday, I spent some time down town Phoenix with a friend. The weather so incredibly perfect and we enjoyed a glass of wine outside. I really need to make an effort to go down there more often.
- I recently purchased this Skin Therapy Wand from Amazon and I’m totally obsessed. It was always used during my facials, so I’m excited to be using it on a more regular basis.
- Brandon and I don’t really do much for Valentine’s Day and I kind of like it that way. The restaurants are always too busy, so it’s nice to just stay in and avoid all the hoopla. We still exchange gifts/cards, but nothing crazy.
- I also cut my hair last week. I LOVE it. I’m horrible at upkeep with my hair, so to have finally chopped off all the dead ends feels so so good!
- I’m still making my way through The Productivity Project. It’s a great read with lots of good information, but it’s just not a book I want to curl up with at the end of the day. Any new book recommendations? I need some!
- I’ve been watching YOU on Netflix and I find it incredibly creepy. Just the logistics of it all. Like people can so easily do that these days. Creepy.
- Spring training is starting up at the end of this month. I’m not a huge baseball fan by any means, but going to spring training games is one of my favorite things about this time of year.
- I purchased these tank tops from Amazon to work out it (and mentioned them in Our Amazon Favorites post)…they are so good! And they are 3 for $24. Highly recommend!
- Speaking of working out, I only made it to the gym Friday of last week because of a cold that totally wiped me out. I am more than ready for a new week to get back at it!