It feels like forever since we last did an 11 Things post, so we are back today with just that!
January has been busy for us, but it’s been nice getting back into the swing of things after all the holiday festivities in December. And since we are back to “normal” everyday, life, we thought we would kick the week of with 11 Things. This is one of our favorite posts to do each month. It’s just a quick and fun way to share with you all a little bit more of what is going on in our lives…
11 Things with Allison
- I am currently doing “No Spend January”- it’s so hard! I’ve bought coffee twice, went to breakfast once with my brother and Matt took me to dinner once (he paid, does that count?!). Other than that- I haven’t spent any money besides on groceries and gas. Ugggghhhh, I never realized how hard not spending money could be.
- I started to watch the “Surviving R. Kelly” docuseries. So sickening! I can’t get past the first few couple episodes- it’s so, so disturbing! Why has this been allowed to go on for so long, why?! Disgusting!
- My new favorite beauty product: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Exfoliating Peel Spray. I use it a couple times a week and it makes my face feel so good and smooth. I’m obsessed with it!
- Currently on a social media break for a couple days. I have deleted my apps from my phone and won’t be back until Wednesday. I guess this is the month to challenge myself.
- I’ve just started the book “Unfu*k Yourself” by Gary John Bishop and so far it is great! This year I am focusing on reading more books in general. But really focusing on books that are leadership based, self-improvement and educational. Hoping with my social media break, I can finish it up!
- I am wanderlust and really itching to go somewhere. BUT I’ve officially buckled myself down to get lots of work done and stay focused the next 6 months! I am going to live vicariously through everyone else, LOL!
- Shannon and I are both trying to transition completely to clean skincare products and clean makeup products. Makeup products have definitely been the hardest but I’ve found a brand that I love- W3LL PEOPLE! My favorite products so far: the bronzer (such a great color!), the nudist multi-use cream stick, and the bio baked foundation powder. I am very pleased and impressed with their products!
- The craze of the show “Tidying Up” on Netflix is so REAL! I seriously “Marie Kondo’d”, our whole house. It feels so good! Stay tuned for more info on this later this month….
- Matt and I have been married over a month! Seems unreal.
- Over here waiting for more snow (in Michigan). We haven’t had much snow all season- I want to go skiing! Come on snow!
- For Christmas, I picked out these dark gray sheets. We’ve had all white bedding for years but I wanted to change things up a bit. I like them but now I feel like I need to add some new blankets, pillows and new window treatments. Our curtains match the sheets now so our bedroom seems a bit dark….taking any and all recommendations!
11 Things with Shannon
- I just completed a social media free weekend and it was a very weird experience. I can’t decide if I liked it, hated it, or even if it really effected me.
- January really has been a slow month. I always hear people say this and I am totally feeling it now. Trying to enjoy it though since the rest of the year always goes so fast.
- Speaking of time, I just started the book “The Productivity Project“, I haven’t gotten too far into it yet, but so far it’s pretty good and very interesting actually!
- Started celery juice again this past week and I am so glad I did! It really does make such a difference in how I feel and the amount of bloat I experience. After all the holiday food, it feels good to be back to normal.
- I’ve been reading about Natural Vitality’s Calm Powder for a while now, but finally purchased it this weekend. It’s a magnesium supplement that is supposed to help with anxiety and stress. Plus magnesium is great for the gut, which in turn makes it good for acne. I’m excited to give it a try because I have read great things about it.
- This past Saturday, Jackie, hosted a pilates class at a park, it was an extremely tough class, but because the weather was so nice it made it totally worth it.
- Speaking of the weather, it is so hard not to love Phoenix this time of year. Being able to workout, ride our bikes to dinner and doing whatever else outside, in January, makes me extremely grateful that I live here right now.Our little fur baby,
- Cooper, turns 13 today. I don’t even know how that is possible! He still looks and acts like a puppy so it’s hard to wrap my head around the fact that we have already had him 13 years.
- I finished the second season of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Seriously, still one of the best shows I’ve seen in a very long time!
- I am really trying to decide if I want to buy these sneakers or not. They are a little on the “dad sneaker” side of shoes, but I tried them on and they aren’t chunky. Plus they are super comfy! I showed them to Brandon and he said “those look like something Mark would wear”…Mark’s his stepdad. Ha!
- Another thing I am trying to decide….if I should dye my hair or not. It’s been almost 2 years since I last died my hair! I really like my color, but I’m feeling like I need a change. Also, I SUCK at upkeep and that is really what is holding me back. It’s been so nice not having to worry about it.