Happy October Everyone! It is finally fall…well minus the 80 degree days here in Michigan (ugghhh!)
We are back with another 11 Things Part 4 post today (you can read last months 11 Things here)! It’s so fun doing these types of posts and being able to share, on a brief, but more personal level, what is going on in each of our lives as well as share things that are currently on our minds.
11 Things with Shannon…
- The cloudy, rainy weather we’ve had here in Phoenix since last week has been nothing short of amazing.
- We got to ride our bikes to Happy Hour on Friday. This is one of our favorite weekend activities and it’s so nice to be able to do it again now that summer is over.
- Last weather related thing…we also got to sleep with the windows open all weekend. Best sleep I’ve had in a long time.
- Okay wait, this is the last. I got to finally make my favorite White Bean Turkey Chili for dinner. I can’t tell you how happy I was about this.
- Can you tell I’m really excited about these cooler temperatures?
- Brandon and I are the worst at buying plane tickets. We go back to Michigan again the first weekend in November and still have not bought our tickets. It’s starting to get to me.
- I started drinking celery juice first thing in the morning. I’ve heard how good it is for digestion and inflammation related issues, so I thought I’d give it a go. Stay tuned 😉
- I’m also attempting to use no heat on my hair. Both my sisters were doing it, so I figured I’d jump on board with that one as well.
- Friday night, after Happy Hour, Brandon and I picked up dinner, came home and enjoyed an evening on our patio while watching Dexter. I’d been dreaming of that since our patio was finished a couple of months ago. It was exactly what I’d imagined.
- I’ve realized I really need to start listening to different/new music. I’ve had the same playlist, that I listen to every time I’m at the gym, for about two months now.
- Allison comes out next week!! It’s always so much more inspiring and motivating when we are actually together and not in completely different parts of the country.
11 Things with Allison…
- I’m headed to Arizona next week so Shannon and I can work on some more TME stuff!
- Michigan weather is crazy. Why is it 85 degrees in October?!
- It’s the time of year that all of my succulents and house plants need to come inside but I have too many so I have no idea where I am going to put them.
- I saw the movie “A Star Is Born” and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head. It was so moving, powerful and sad. I highly highly recommend everyone go see it! Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper are amazing!
- I went to see it by myself but I always go to the movies by myself…is that weird?!
- Midterm Elections are in 28 days…November 6th! GO VOTE! Reminder: Voter registration deadline is TODAY (Tuesday) in Michigan.
- I started the 10 Day Fed Up Challenge a couple days ago. It has been hard to find things that are sugar-free, dairy-free and vegan. But I will have a full review/post later next week. I already feel better though!
- I’ve been trying to drink a lot more water but OMG it’s so hard! I always forget. Does sparkling water count?!
- I might be the last person to see the show Friends. I haven’t been able to get past the first few episodes but I’m finally almost done with Season 1…wooohooo!
- This past weekend, I went to the thrift store and Goodwill and bought 4 blazers and a wool skirt for less than $35. I am SHOCKED at how cute they are. I am going to share what I bought and how I’m going to style them on our “The Middle Edit Newsletter” within the next week. Sign up here.
- My 13 year old cousin told me this weekend that “Facebook is for old people, it’s dying”. Snapchat, Instagram and Pinterest are still cool, according to 13 year olds (lol!)