Happy Friday Friends!
I don’t know where this first week of October went, but it flew by! Hoping that is not an indication of how the last of the year is going to go. I’m looking to savoring the fall season as much as possible, prior to heading into the busyness of the holidays starting next month.
With the new month here, we are of course back with our 11 Things post. This is just a quick round-up of what has been happening in our lives as of late, as well as what is on our minds and what is to come this month. It’s just a fun, quick way to fill everyone in.
Shannon’s 11 Things
- Daily affirmations are where it is at. I’ve been saying 4 affirmations every morning and every night and I truly feel the difference.
- Last month I shared the 4 (!) books I would be reading this fall. 4 was a big number for me in three months, BUT I was able to finish 2 in September (thanks to a nice vacay) and just started my 3rd this month.
- Brandon and I are heading home at the end of this month. I’m just going for a long weekend, but I am SO EXCITED to see everything Allison has done with Bird Dog! From the pictures, is looks amazing and I know that food is going to be good as well!
- Also, hoping I get to see the little babe that is coming this month. My fingers are crossed tight on this one. Not sure if Allison is ready or not. Lol.
- Brandon and I had so much fun on vacation last month and we were talking about how we need to start switching things up at home. Bring a little of that vacation feeling into our day-to-day lives. Not quite sure how we are doing this, but I’ll keep ya posted 😉
- I am using Rent the Runway for the first time this month and while I’m really excited about the piece I got, I’m super nervous it isn’t going to work out. Need to start figuring out a back-up.
- Next weekend (Oct. 12) I’ll be speaking at my friend Catie’s Brunch again. I’m super excited, but TBH a little nervous as well as there are some incredible women on the panel.
- Speaking of Brunch, Monday we have a new episode up on TME and I am super excited about this one!!
- Halloween is one of those holidays I always look forward to, yet we haven’t dressed up or really done anything in years, so I’m not sure why. Brand is usually back in MI hunting and we get maaaaybe 1 trick or treater. I guess it’s just the idea of it.
- I recently downloaded the Evernote app and I am not lying when I say I’m obsessed. I’ve had it downloaded for years, but finally started utilizing it and it is officially my favorite app.
- I took a walk the other morning instead of going to the gym. It was a great way to start the day and as the temps continue to drop, I am looking forward to doing this more often.
Allison’s 11 Things
- I’m 3 weeks & a few days away from my due date which is so, so crazy!
- It’s getting really hard to bend over because his butt is up higher and his head is down super low. He doesn’t like to bend so bending at the waist is pretty much impossible right now.
- We start training the employees for the restaurant in exactly 1 week. There is still so much to do still…final inspections to happen, unpacking, decorating, things to purchase, systems to program, training manual to be completed.
- My sister is coming to help train….THANK GOODNESS!!!
- Matt and I were laughing a couple days ago because we’re both excited/interested to see what Isabella (our 6 year old niece) will say when she sees the restaurant. She saw the restaurant a few times during the process and always has something SUPER honest (all true) to say so her feedback will be taken very seriously…haha!
- Having Matt home has been a HUGE help! I couldn’t do it without him and honestly I love working with him so far. He’s super calm and even more helpful.
- 9 Months pregnant and opening a restaurant is NO joke! My pelvis is so sore by the end of the day- it feels like I’m separating.
- My doctor asked if I want to be checked to see if I’m dilated- I keep saying “No” because I can’t handle knowing if I am right now. Baby B hopefully stays in until his due date!
- It’s finally “fall” here is Michigan. I’m sitting with the windows open, freezing, listening to Christmas music and love every minute of it!
- I want to start/set some traditions with Baby B for around Christmas time because I love anything Christmas so much- any ideas? I’d love to hear what everyone else does during the month of December to make Christmas time extra special.
- Pour over coffee is seriously my new favorite thing EVER! This is the one we’ve been using at home- the Hario V60. Note: make sure to buy the filters too.