Hope everyone is having a great September so far! We are back with our 11 Things post for the month where we each share 11 Things that we’ve been up to as well as just some random things that have been on our mind.
It’s one of our favorite posts to do because we feel it allows you to get to know us a little better in a quick and easy way!
Hope you all had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start!
Allison’s 11 Things
- Oooohhhhhh pregnancy has been kicking my butt again. The tiredness, restless/sleepless nights and sore pelvis are no joke! 6 weeks to go though!
- I’ve been taking Zantac for about 2-3 months now and just found out that the FDA found cancer-causing carcinogens in it….why does this stuff always happen?! I’m done taking it and have the most miserable acid reflux- ugghhh!
- Friday at 4:30pm I called my sister and said I’m coming for the weekend. I had odds and ends to buy before the restaurant opens. Matt met me after his flight and we went to IKEA and got home late Sunday night. IKEA is exhausting!
- Matt kept saying IKEA is “zombie apocalypse waiting to happen”.
- Speaking of restaurant, it’s definitely consuming my life and thoughts right now. But I know that pretty normal since we’re about 1 month out from opening!
- I watched the 20/20 episode on Hustlers (the real life story based on the new movie Hustlers)- so interesting and definitely going to see this movie ASAP!
- We have an ultrasound today- I’m going to share an update via Instagram stories! This is the last time we’ll see the baby before he’s born. So crazy!
- Michigan had a glimpse of fall a week or so ago but now it’s been 80-90 degrees everyday- I’m over it! Fall can come anytime now!!
- I heard someone talking about the different “seasons of life” that we go through. I definitely feel like my season of life, that I’m in right now, is demanding different things that I’m not used to. Good things but I’m definitely in a different season of life than I’ve ever been in before.
- I haven’t been cooking lately…like at all. I’m just not in the mood but my one go-to dinner is spaghetti noodles with the Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto, cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Yuuuummmmm! I think I’m going to make this right now, I’m starving all the time.
- From now until the baby is born is going to be so crazy busy! I don’t know what having a baby is like so I’m glad we’re going into this whole parenting thing blindly, LOL! This week, all of the restaurant finishes are going in- countertops, cabinets, shelving, base trim etc. etc.
Shannon’s 11 Things
- I am typing this looking out at the ocean right now and I wish I could always write looking at a body of water. Much more inspiring than an office.
- Brand and I got to Kauai Friday evening, spent the day at the beach on Saturday to recoup from traveling. It was the perfect start to our trip.
- I was planning to get all my work done on our 7-hour flight Friday, BUT the flight, of course, did not have WIFI, so while it kind of sucks I’ll be playing catch-up throughout the week, it was nice to just sit, read and chat with Brandon for the long flight.
- This 3 hour time difference is kicking my ass though. Staying up until 9:30 Saturday night was a real struggle.
- A couple of weeks ago I shared my favorite meditations from the Insight Timer app…I’ve successfully meditated 27 consecutive days and I am rather proud of myself for it.
- The other morning on my way to the gym the song “Love You Too Late” came on the radio, normally I just drive in silence, but I decided to just blast it and blasting that song on the way to the gym is now my routine. It put me in such a good mood!
- Brandon and I have been watching Ballers for a quick show to watch when we don’t feel like investing much time and that world is so fascinating to me. Never would I want to be a part of that! I’m not sure I could fully recommend the show, but it is funny.
- I have been doing very little shopping lately but purchased these pants from Zara and I’m so happy I did! Love them and the fact that they’ll be perfect for both work and play.
- Speaking of those pants, it took me like 4 days to finally bite the bullet on purchasing them, they were only $40 dollars, but I had to make sure I would actually wear them, blah, blah, blah. I was explaining this to Brandon and we laughed at how much my mentality on shopping has changed. Wish this mindset would have hit me in my 20s.
- Before we left on our trip I decided I am really going to focus on gratitude and being present while we are here. I feel like I never really grasp just how lucky I am and it’s nice to view this trip with that perspective in mind.
- Waking up early before the resort is crawling with people, being able to sip my coffee and get some writing done while looking at the ocean, really just reiterates how much a love early mornings.