Happy Monday Friends! We are back today with our favorite post of the month…11 Things 🙂 These posts are always a fun way to catch everyone up on what we’ve both been up to the past month and what’s to come.
For some reason, it feels like it has been a while since we did our last one. I guess that is a good thing considering we are always talking about how fast time goes.
Hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start!
11 Things with Allison
- 29 weeks pregnant today! It’s going so fast, I don’t feel nearly as prepared as I should be. I can feel my freak out stewing.
- One of the nurses told me this week that they are going to “decide” if they have to deliver me early (the reasoning is in my 28 week update)….that’s always fun to hear. NOT! I don’t think that will happen though but I hate how they always tell you the worst case scenario. Hasn’t made for the best week.
- Matt said to me today “you’re tired, aren’t you?”….uuuhhhhhh YEA glad you noticed, haha!
- My nieces were in town for over a week and it was so much fun! We did lots of Michigan summer things but their favorite thing to do was fish. We live on a lake but oddly I haven’t went fishing since I was kid. Bella wanted to fish sooooo bad so we took her & Ariana. It was shockingly fun and relaxing! I loved it, the girls loved it!
- I’ve ate way too much ice cream with them too. Mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone is the best.
- Speaking of fishing, 15-16 years with Matt and I never knew he was so good at fishing. See, still learning stuff about each other after all these years, haha!
- I haven’t been loving TV lately but I’m loving Handmaid’s Tale this season.
- It’s starting to get chilly here at night, I feel the fall weather in the air and I’m so, so happy! Summertime, being pregnant, is so hard and uncomfortable.
- My baby shower is in less than 2 weeks and I’m freaking out about all the stuff that will be coming into the house. My theme for the last couple weeks has been “freaking out”.
- There have been so many decisions to be made and another one that Matt just mentioned was getting a new car. My lease is up on my car soon so we have to decide what we want. Toyota for sure but not sure what model?! Mom car, no mom car…decisions!
- Does anyone else feel like there are NO cute clothes out right now? We are in the weird season of end of summer but too hot for fall clothes- is that why everything out right now isn’t that cute?!
11 Things with Shannon
- I see a lot of people talking about how sad they are that summer is going too fast…here in Phoenix, I think it is going much too slow.
- Brandon and I book a trip to Kauai for next month and I can’t wait to spend some serious downtime on the beach and doing a bit exploring. I’ve heard nothing but great things from everyone who has been,
- I am very proud of the fact that I was able to read a book a month for June and July. I used to read all the time, but it fell to the wayside, so it is nice to get back into it.
- After several failed attempts at trying to find a new show to watch, I started Girls this month. I’m not a big Lena Dunham fan, so I’ve never been inclined to watch it, but I’m pleasantly surprised.
- Last month I went through a major Starbucks phase and was drinking a White Chocolate Mocha pretty much every other day. I decided to break the habit and back to making my delicious iced coffee at home.
- This is maybe a little embarrassing to admit, but I have not bought new underwear in much too long. That changed this past week and I honestly have not been that excited to receive a package in a very long time!
- Speaking of that purchase, I got 16 pairs of underwear for (I believe) $64. 6 pairs for $30 from Soma (I also had a 20% off code for signing up for their email) and then 10 pairs for $30 from Aerie. I was rather proud of that 🙂
- I’ve talked a little on stories about what a funk I have been in lately, so I’m making it a point to getting back to practicing gratitude with my 5 Minute Journal as well as taking the time to meditate in the AM…my mind needs a moment of calm each day.
- This past Friday I went to a great event hosted bt The Foundress here in Phoenix. I always dread networking events, but it never fails that I leave incredibly inspired by all the women out there doing amazing things.
- Someone posted on Instagram about how they were sad to see their summer tan fade and I couldn’t help but notice how my MI tan has significantly faded. It made me sad too.
- Brand and I bought tickets to the Diamondbacks game on Saturday, so headed downtown Phoenix for some drinks before. As we were walking towards the stadium, we noticed that we were the only ones headed that way. Turns out the tickets are for next weekend. Ha! BUT it did allow us to spend some time downtown which is always fun.