We are back! It feels like it has been forever! We took a little break over the holiday to just enjoy some time with family and friends and it was just what was needed.
It feels good to be back at it and starting off fresh with a new 11 Things post! We had the opportunity to get together last week and get some work done. It’s safe to say that we are both feeling refreshed and ready to keep the content flowing here on The Middle Edit!
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday last week and got to enjoy some time off as well! Here’s to a new week!
11 Things with Allison
- Matt & I literally did NOTHING (besides worked a little) on the 4th of July because we both have been running around like crazy people. We took the day to just rest and it was glorious. I felt a little guilty because we live on a lake but we forced ourselves to ignore that part.
- We did manage to binge-watch the whole new season of Stranger Things this weekend. It was so good but so quick! 8 episodes is not long enough.
- Besides Stranger Things this weekend, the only shows I’ve been watching are the new episodes of Handmaids Tale and Big Little Lies. My TV watching is at an all-time low (2-3 hours/week) and I’m loving it!
- I’m 24 weeks pregnant today…yay!! The last 10 weeks have been really great (knock on wood).
- Matt and I picked out our crib today. So far all we have are a few outfits for the baby, we are feeling the pressure now!
- Shannon was back home in Michigan this week & we were able to get some much needed stuff figured out. It is soooo much easier to meet in person…x 100.
- I’m having a crazy travel itch right now. This happens every couple months when I haven’t been anywhere. Paris has been calling my name! Is traveling with a 6-9 month old to Paris doable?
- Since our last 11 Things, we found out we are having a BOY! We are pretty positive that we have a name too but we are going to decide 100% when we meet him.
- My nieces were in town a little over a week ago and we took them to the beach (Lake Michigan). We found out that they closed the beach right after we left for E.Coli contamination in the water. We were swimming too. Yesterday we were officially in the clear of getting sick/symptoms- thank goodness none of us got sick!
- Almost done with my June book choice (The Proposal). I’m a few days late but better late than never…right?!
- I have a hair appointment this week and I’ve decided to grow my hair back out to a LOB (long bob). It’s too short! I can’t even put it in a messy bun anymore. The short bob was great while it lasted.
11 Things with Shannon
- Brand and I just got back to Phoenix on Saturday (well 2am Sunday morning). As much as I love a vacation, coming home and getting back to a routine (especially when it comes to eating) is something I always look forward to.
- Michigan in the summer is seriously the best and I feel like I did a good job of getting the most of it. We went to the beach (Lake Michigan), visited Saugatuck, had a BBQ, ate A LOT of ice cream, went on a boat, kayaked and enjoyed some time with family. A pretty perfect trip looking back.
- Agreed with what Allison said above…being able to work together in person makes a WORLD of difference. Hopefully one day we’ll be able to do it on a regular basis. Fingers crossed.
- Also, I finally got to see Allison’s bump! It’s the cutest and I can not wait to meet the little guy in fall!
- I’ve decided to start reading two books a month…I just started my July book choice (loving it so far) and since it is a light read, I spend a half hour each night reading it. Then in the morning I am reading The Book of She. It’s little more thought provoking so I try to fit 10 pages in each morning.
- Recently on Instagram, I discovered this account @kenzieburke and she talks all about Food Combining. I’m super intrigued, especially since it’s main goal is to help digestion, so I’m giving it a go. It’s nothing extreme, just basically being aware of what foods you are eating together.
- I FINALLY got a new phone a couple of weeks ago and I literally felt like a new person. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
- When Brand and I went to the beach last week, I got fried and I feel horribly stupid about it. We arrived later in the afternoon, didn’t plan on staying long, so I just said screw it (I needed some color)….when will I learn. I need to practice what I preach. Ugh!
- My little sister has never seen Now & Then, so when I was home we tried to find it so we could all watch it. It wasn’t streaming anywhere, but now I am dying to watch it. Such a good movie!
- I am going to try and switch out my AM coffee for Matcha. I’ve never tried it before, but I bought the ingredients to mix it up. Wish me luck!
- My favorite linen shirt, that is included in my Summer Work Capsule Wardrobe, was ruined in the wash last week. I am so sad! Going to try and bleach it…can you bleach linen?