Heading into June has us excited for a new month and a fresh start! We always look forward to a new month, but this June we’ll be celebrating one year with The Middle Edit which is pretty exciting, if you ask us! We have a lot of great content planned for this month, but we are kicking it off with our monthly 11 Things. Part 12, to be exact!
So here is a little update with what has been going on in our lives as of late as well as what is currently on our mind.
Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!
11 Things With Allison
- My allergies are so bad right now, I can barely type this post. I need the air conditioning blasting in my face all day but it’s not hot enough outside for it to even turn on…uggghhh! It’s an extra, unneeded annoyance!
- I’m so over wearing pants or anything that touches my stomach. So yesterday, I officially bought my first nightgown and I LOVE it! I always thought nightgowns were dorky….I was wrong! They are most comfortable thing ever.
- I am 19 weeks today! I can’t believe this pregnancy is almost half way over.
- Next Monday, we found out the gender of the baby & get to see him/her! We’re so excited and nervous. I just want to see that everything is “ok”.
- Matt and I are planning a quick trip up-north to Traverse City & Leland for my birthday this month. It will be a nice little escape for us.
- I’m obsessed with Trader Joe’s Gorgonzola Gnocchi. If you want a creamy, really fattening, cheesy pasta dish in a hurry- this is it!
- Oh! & Trader Joe’s cheese dip with the TJ’s vegetarian chili mixed in….soooo good! Can you tell I’m having pregnancy cravings like crazy?!
- Shannon recommended the Netflix movie “Always Be My Maybe” and it was so cute!
- This weeks goal for when Matt is home is to get the yard finished for the summer. Yard work & landscaping is so much work especially when you do it all yourselves.
- I recently bought these pants (in the stripes and black) from H&M and I love them! They are perfect over a bodysuit or tight shirt tucked in or over a bathing suit. Super comfy and comfortable with my growing stomach.
- My nails are so strong right now and I’m either going to say it’s from a.) pregnancy or b.) my prenatal vitamins. Whichever it is, I highly highly highly recommend prenatal vitamins. I’ve loved them and have noticed a huge difference in my hair and nails.
11 Things With Shannon
- We are officially hitting the 100+ degree temps this week and I am so sad to see summer arriving. That’s weird to say since most people look forward to summer, but I feel like it’s different out here. Lol.
- Both of my brothers came out to Phoenix this past weekend and it was so much fun! They used to live out here and I miss them so much. It was nice getting a weekend that felt like the old days.
- I watched “Always Be My Maybe” on Netflix this weekend. It was a super cute movie and one I’d highly recommend.
- We are hitting one year for The Middle Edit this month. Crazy how fast time has gone! Stay tuned for a little giveaway that will be happening!
- When it comes to The Middle Edit, I always have to remind myself to celebrate the small accomplishments, because I so easily get hung up on the big picture. But I’m extremely happy with what we’ve accomplished in just a year!
- I was sitting at dinner on Friday night with 3 of my girlfriends here in Phoenix and felt so inspired by everything they are doing. It’s nice to be surrounded by that!
- I just placed my order for the book I am reading this month. I’m excited to already have books mapped out that I’ll be reading each month for the summer.
- My body has been craving a sense of calm lately and I can’t figure out how exactly to do give it what it needs.
- I haven’t been to the gym for 4 days now in an attempt to listen to my body and hopefully give it what it needs, but I haven’t noticed a difference, so I’m heading back this week. We shall see.
- Brandon and I attempted to finally start Game of Thrones several weeks ago. We haven’t made it past the 5th episode…and I’m pretty sure we won’t be. New Girl always sounds more appealing.
- I’m entering my third week with my Summer Work Capsule Wardrobe and I am loving it! Getting dressed in the morning is so much easier when you only have 20 pieces to work with