We’re back with our 11 Things and this is Part 11! We are officially on the 1 month countdown to The Middle Edit’s one year anniversary…yayyyy! This year is flying by and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings.
11 Things With Shannon
- Brandon and I started GOT this past weekend. Not what I expected, but I get the hype. I’m excited to finally be apart of it all.
- Summer is right around the corner and unfortunately, for us here in Phoenix, that means it’s time to hibernate inside. I’m going to miss our patio nights.
- I had been craving grilled artichokes for some random reason, so I made them Saturday night. I feel like it was a lot of work for a little reward. I’ll just hold off until I go home and my brother can make them for me.
- My sisters and I went to Florida the other weekend for my sisters birthday and I am really missing both of them and that gorgeous beach. The weekend was not long enough.
- I talked about this on our stories Saturday, but I came across a new cycle tracking app and it’s my new favorite 🙂 It’s incredibly informative about what is happening with our hormones during each phase of our cycle.
- At the beginning of the year I was really good about making to-do lists, but fell out of it a while back. I’m starting back up and I swear it makes such a difference in my productivity during the day/week.
- I also started Dead To Me on Netflix. If you need a new show to watch, I’d highly suggest it. Netflix for the win again.
- Since Easter, my sugar intake has been out of control. I’m really going to work on reeling it in this week. I’ve thrown everything out in our house, so that is progress.
- I’ve been trying to be a lot smarter when it comes to purchasing new clothes, like just buying things I need and that I know fit my lifestyle. It’s definitely helped my wallet, but it’s kind of stressful. Ha.
- BUT I did purchase this linen top for summer, that I am super excited about as well as this bodysuit in black and white. I know all three of these are pieces I’ll get plenty of use out of because they’ll work for both work and play.
- We hit our one year mark next month for The Middle Edit. It is actually crazy how fast it’s gone. I feel like it was just this January we were trying to come up with a name. We are trying to come up with an exciting way to celebrate, so stay tuned!
11 Things with Allison
- As I’m typing this it’s 12:30am (Sunday evening/Monday). My day consisted of driving to Chicago this morning to spend the day with my nieces at Lincoln Park Zoo, went to dinner and drove back home to Michigan. Such a long day but glad I made it!
- Lincoln Park Zoo I highly suggest! Plus it’s free. We went to RJ Grunt’s afterwards (a couple blocks away) & they have the best salad bar!
- My feet look like sausages from driving 4.5 hours and then walking all day. I’m typing this out so I remember to ask my doctor if this is normal.
- I just realized the last time we did a our 11 Things I hadn’t announced my pregnancy yet. It has felt like SUCH a relief to finally tell everyone! There has been good days and not so good days but I’m loving being able to be open and honest with everyone now.
- I finally painted my nails for the first time in 3 months & I’m loving the Ella + Mila nail polish. It dries super fast, is a “clean” product and has stayed on without chipping for 4-5 days (which is a miracle for me!).
- Speaking of nails, my nails are the strongest they’ve ever been. Either thank you prenatal vitamins or thank you pregnancy hormones!
- We are trying to plan our landscaping for the year and it’s so hard! So many choices, not a lot of time to do it and the maintenance of it…ughhhh!
- Monday’s are my favorite day of the week but OMG they are busy! I never know what to start with first which then gives me anxiety which then makes me feel overwhelmed. I’m going to start with the first thing on my checklist…wish me luck!
- Game of Thrones is soooooo badass this season but I’m so sad only 3 more episodes are left.
- Other than Game of Thrones, I’ve noticed myself really sick of TV in general.
- I have my next baby appointment next week and I’m so anxious! We had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, listened to the heartbeat at 12 weeks and we won’t have another ultrasound until 20 weeks- isn’t that crazy?! I want to see the baby sooooo bad! 13 weeks is too long.